Saturday, November 7, 2009

John Calvin Still Travels


About two months ago, a man contacted me from Austria. He needed a translation of some documents because he is trying to claim his Italian citizenship, which will allow him to continue his missionary work in Europe. In the course of our transaction, I discovered that he is the principal of an International Christian School in Vienna, and I introduced my book on John Calvin to him. He liked it so much that he ordered four more copies.
Just today, he sent me his school's newsletter with a picture of the book being offered to the school librarian. You can see the Austrian band on the same page.
I am really amazed and humbled by all this. I am glad that the book sells well because good sales will prompt the publisher to continue the series, and I believe the series is absolutely needed. But if the books are well done it's all because of God's providence and mercy in spite of myself - as my publisher and some of my friends can attest.

1 comment:

  1. I am a revert back to the Catholic faith and thought you might be interested in listening to "The Trouble with Calvinism" from David Anders. It was played on Catholic Answers Live radio.
    http://www.catholic.com/radio/event.php?calendar=1&category=&event=6681&date=2011-04-01

    ReplyDelete